Sunday, March 18, 2012

Planner??

Do you use a planner?? I have a few !! Surprise- Surprise !! I am not technically hip enough to have a smart phone but I do have an Itouch that I have downloaded a few different apps to help me remember everything that I am supposed to- with mixed results. The calendar on it syncs with my calendar on my computer so I do not have to put things in 10 different times, which is a huge help. However, shocking as this might sound I do not always have my Itouch with me. ;-] so I also carry a small day timer to be my back-up! I have not come up with the perfect system as of yet but I am working on it.

I have on my computer an app called - Opus Domini Lite which was a free app and it works like a regular paper planner but it is digital. It is also synced with my calendar so again I do not have to put things in again. I find it to be very user friendly and I actually use this one more than I thought I would.

Although my system is still not perfect and I think I will be forever improving it, I do realize that my ADHD needs it. I need to see it visually, I need to check in and make sure that I am on my track with my day and my plans. Sometimes my mind can remember every detail and sometimes it can not remember even the slightest of details. I need some sort of planner to help me navigate my day and my life!

The planner at the top is called a Bubble Planner- you can find it at...Bubble Planner

I found an interesting article from the Attention Deficit Disorder Association web site:

http://add.site-ym.com/page/day_planner

No comments:

Post a Comment